I’m Tony Milluzzi, KD8RTT, an Extra Class ham currently residing in the Kansas City area. I’ve been licensed since 2012 and since then have tried out many parts of amateur radio from SOTA to satellites. I enjoy trying out new areas in the hobby, building electronics projects, and volunteering with the ARRL’s Collegiate Amateur Radio Program (previously “Initiative”).
You may know me from my ham radio YouTube channel “Tony, KD8RTT” although I haven’t been actively producing content for the past few years. There are many excellent ham radio YouTubers out there now who have more skill and talent than I have in that space, and I’ve found myself somewhat burnt out from the process. I’ve instead created this website to track my interests, activities, and projects in written form.
My other hobbies include flying and running. I hold a Commercial Pilot certificate with Instrument Rating and am aiming to complete my multi engine add-on and CFI by the end of 2023 and 2024, respectively. As for running, I completed my first half marathon in 2021, full marathon in 2022 and am planning to attempt my first 50K in 2024.
For my day job, I am an Aviation Systems Engineer at Garmin. I earned a BSEE from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (2016) and MSEE from Ohio University (2019). My detailed professional background can be found on LinkedIn.
I QSL 100% through LoTW and am happy to do so direct and through the ARRL bureau if you’d like a paper card as well. No SASE required; however, requests without a SASE will be returned as a postcard to keep postage costs down.
Contact me at tony (at) kd8rtt (dot) com or on Twitter @kd8rtt.
Articles I have written:
- The Debut of the Collegiate QSO Party, QST September 2018 (requires ARRL membership)
- Amateur Radio and Career Opportunities, QST June 2017 (requires ARRL membership)
- Ham Radio Aboard the Disney Wonder Cruise Ship
- Waypoint Amateur Radio Club, WA0RC (Vice President)
- ARRL Life Member
Previous Club Memberships:
- Crown Amateur Radio Association, K0ASA
- Athens County Amateur Radio Association, W8UKE
- Ohio University Amateur Radio Club, W8PZS (President)
- Rose Tech Radio Club, W9NAA (Vice President and President)
- Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, K8KRG
The thoughts expressed on this website do not necessarily represent that of my employer or any other organization. All opinions are solely my own unless explicitly noted otherwise.